Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Never Easy...

I had penned this when I was in Goa, approximately two months ago, while leaving the place. Originally intended as a song, Bonhoffer did make my dream come true by coming up with a tune for this, that too almost a year after the CEP song that we composed together. I dedicate this song to all my friends in college. Almost at the end of college life, this song suits this purpose as well.

PS: You may find some references to some famous songs too, for instance in the fifth line (Leaving On A Jet Plane - John Denver), the seventh line (The End - The Doors) and the eighth line (Time Of Your Life - Green Day).

It's Never Easy...

Verse 1

It's never easy to say goodbye,
Once we were laughing now we cry.
The time we spent, the fun we had.
Those days of joy, how we were glad.

Now I leave, my bags are packed
Reminiscing what we all shared.
Is this the end, my dear friend?
Here is the fork in the bend.

Chorus

I don't want to go but I have to,
Separation is not what I want from you.
Give me a ray of hope, can I turn back time?
Or do I go on with this painful rhyme?

Verse 2

I was lonely though not alone,
And now you give me reason to bemoan.
What'll happen to that glass of wine?
It all looks bleak, why don't it shine?

I get ready, chugs in my train.
Your love is what I attained.
My window does not stay still,
It slowly stains my spectrum.

Chorus

Bridge

Thank you for all you gave me,
The gifts, the laughs, a memory.
Will I be back I never know
Will you be there, I implore.

Revised Chorus

I didn't want to but I had to.
Though love I have taken back from you.
Everything has its place and time,
We met, that is what's prime.

I pray that I'll be back again.
And you'll be there, come sun or rain.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder,
Let's believe in it as we remain asunder.

3 comments:

  1. wow!! .. meaningful words!! .. well written and put together ...
    id love to see the chords of this one.... may b Bonhoffer cud help us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i loved this template .. its unique ... that map on the top makes it look classy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey William... Thanks... And I'l get Bonhoffer to shed some light on this song... Maybe a video and the chords too...

    And about the template, it was available on an experimental basis, I think... I liked it too... And I didn't notice the map till you mentioned it now... I was wondering what map were you talking about...

    ReplyDelete